Program Management Assistant
Open To: All Qualified Candidates
Opening and Closing Dates: July 15 to July 28, 2011
Position Title: Program Management Assistant
Position Location: USAID, Gulu Office
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Program Management Assistant.
Basic Function of Position
Responsible for representing USAID and
the NUDEIL Program at meetings with the Ministry of Finance, Planning,
and Economic Development in Kampala on a regular basis. Serve as the
main focal point for NUDEIL and other program teams within the USAID
Mission. In addition, the Program Management Assistant will be required
to assist the Program Manager in managing the day to day relationship
with the USAID support contractor in the capacity as the alternate
COTR. Will also be engaging local government partners to ensure strong
community involvement and awareness of the program.
Note: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item
- Education Required: A Masters degree in economics, political science, or social sciences is required.
- Work Experience: A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in the public sector or the NGO community is required.
- Language Requirement: Must be fluent in English language.
- Knowledge: Must be familiar with the principles of management in a broad range of administrative activities (financial, organizational, procurement, records).
- Skills and Abilities: Must possess strong interpersonal skills. Computer literacy and proficient in commercial office software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, etc.) are required.
How to Apply
Applications should include the following documentation
- A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174);
- Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
- A Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
- Copies of Academic Transcripts;
- Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
Submit Application To:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
0414-341-863 - Attention: HR
Or by e-mail:
Closing Date for this Position
July 28, 2011