Emergency and Other Messages for U.S. Citizens
U.S. Citizens with questions or concerns may telephone the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kampala at (256) (414) 306 001. In the case of an emergency outside business hours or during any suspension of public services U.S. Citizens may reach the Embassy duty officer by calling (256) (414) 306 001.
U.S. Citizens are urged to enroll and update their contact information with the U.S. Embassy in Kampala. The U.S. Embassy is located at Plot 1577 Ggaba Road. The phone number is (256) (414) 306 001 and email KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov.
Updated information on travel and security in Uganda may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 within the United States, or, from overseas, 202-501-4444. American Citizens should consult the Department of State’s Country Specific Information for Uganda at the travel website.
Smart Traveller Enrollment Program (STEP)
Visiting Uganda? Living in Uganda?
Now you can enroll your short or long term stay in Uganda, or anywhere else in the world, on-line.
Please click here: https://step.state.gov/step/
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Violence in Western Uganda (July 8, 2014)
- Possible Attack at Entebbe International Airport (July 3, 2014)
- Security Precautions during the 2014 World Cup (June 5, 2014)
- Potential for a Terrorist Attack in Kampala May/June 2014 (May 6, 2014)
- Department of State Worldwide Caution (April 10, 2014)
- Town Hall Meeting for U.S. Citizens (April 2014)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: The Ugandan Anti-Homosexuality Act (February 28, 2014)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Potential for a Terrorist Attack in Kampala Feb/Mar 2014 (February 10, 2014)