Emergency and Other Messages for U.S. Citizens
U.S. Citizens with questions or concerns may telephone the Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Kampala at (256) (414) 306 001. In the case of an emergency outside business hours or during any suspension of public services U.S. Citizens may reach the Embassy duty officer by calling (256) (414) 306 001.
U.S. Citizens are urged to enroll and update their contact information with the U.S. Embassy in Kampala. The U.S. Embassy is located at Plot 1577 Ggaba Road. The phone number is (256) (414) 306 001, fax (256) (414) 258 451, and email: KampalaUSCitizen@state.gov.
Updated information on travel and security in Uganda may be obtained from the Department of State by calling 1-888-407-4747 within the United States, or, from overseas, 202-501-4444. American Citizens should consult the Department of State’s Country Specific Information for Uganda at the travel website.
Smart Traveller Enrollment Program (STEP)
Visiting Uganda? Living in Uganda?
Now you can enroll your short or long term stay in Uganda, or anywhere else in the world, on-line.
Please click here: https://travelregistration.state.gov/ibrs/ui/
- Police Activity in Kampala (December 4, 2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Possible Demonstrations in Kampala (Nov. 18, 2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens: Possible Westgate-style Attack in Kampala (Oct. 15, 2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens Continued Caution Due to Ongoing Events in Kenya (September 23, 2013)
- Security Message for U.S. Citizens –U.S Embassy Urges Caution after Nairobi Attack (September 21, 2013)
- Roving Demonstrations in Kampala. September 9, 2013
- Ongoing Terrorist Threat August 2, 2013
- Ongoing Terrorist Threat - April 24 2013